3 Min Read
Looking back, we can all see signs that we should have moved on from a job. But how do you spot them and change employers before they damage your career?
Here’s some red flags that it’s time to look for another job.
- You are constantly stressed. Maybe it’s caused by an over-demanding boss, or colleagues who don’t pull their weight and load more on you. If you end every week exhausted, or you find you are always coming down with some minor ailment, it’s time to call it a day.
- You hate Mondays. No, you really hate Mondays. Love what you do is the number 1 career rule.
- You’re underpaid and undervalued. Even worse, the men are your office are paid more to do the same job.
- Your boss is a narcissist/bully/sociopath. Yes, it happens. But are you willing to wait him or her out or is it easier to take your skills somewhere else.
- You can’t see any chance of promotion. In fact, when you look around the company, there’s no jobs you can imagine yourself doing if you rise through the ranks.
If you answered yes to any of these questions, update and polish your resume and start networking. I really am a believer in the old wisdom of love what you do.